Friday, June 25, 2010

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere



I have several things to get off my chest.

First, life is beautiful. I get angry so often, but despite that, I have the greatest faith that this world is a beautiful thing. So many people are losing hope in humanity because of the things that are happening, like the recent oil spill. They're convinced the world is ending, and that we're doomed. I think otherwise. I think this is all a test, or at least a sort of climax. Things are going to continue to worsen, until we are at a point where we think things can't possibly get worse. And then they'll get worse. But after that, we're going to enter a period of peace and regrowth. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, believing in doom is boring. Using the metaphor of a book, the plot would be entirely too mundane if nothing changed or continued going down the same road. It would be a static story. One theory of mine (well, not really MINE, countless people thought the same before me) is that eventually, mother nature will consume and take back control of the Earth, and man will revert to nature, learning to coexist with it.

And to kick off of that, I'd like to affirm my love of the cosmos. To fully express how I feel about outer space would take days.


^ That is the Jellyfish Nebula

This is what I imagine when I look up at the stars (well, the few stars I see in Philly)

It leaves me in complete awe. "The sky is the limit" is far too limiting for me. If we think about how big this universe is, the sky comes up intensely short. To me, there is no limit. We are in an ever expanding universe. Okay, I should stop.

Lastly, I have complete confidence in my future. I will make something of myself and no one will ever tell me otherwise. For now, I am following the path of music but I feel as if eventually, I will be meant to do something epic. Something completely new. It both scares and excites me.

I leave you off with several quotes:
"We and the cosmos are one. The cosmos is a vast body, of which we are still parts. The sun is a great heart whose tremors run through our smallest veins. The moon is a great gleaming nerve-centre from which we quiver forever. Who knows the power that Saturn has over us or Venus But it is a vital power, rippling exquisitely through us all the time... Now all this is literally true, as men knew in the great past and as they will know again." - D. H. Lawrence

"When your heart is filled with love, you will experience the Divine in the entire cosmos." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

"We are in the cosmos and the cosmos is in us." - Matthew Fox

And now, to get back to my Lost marathon :]]]]


No comments: