Saturday, December 11, 2010

One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink, I don't give a hoot about what you think.

To further emphasize the point of the Weezer lyric in the blog title, Ralph Waldo Emerson stated, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."



I don't wear what I wear to make people like me, to make people dislike me, or to get any sort of attention. I wear it because it makes sense to me, because I like it. And that goes for everything I do. Sure, there are times when I like to make a nice impression but at the end of the day, I'm happy if I have expressed myself to the fullest degree. And recently I feel like I've seen so many people who are told how they should be, how they should improve themselves to better accomodate a certain standard.

On a similar-ish note, over the past week I've had a strong desire to be by myself, which in turn made school less bearable. But it's kind of going the opposite way. Now I want to be surrounded by people that I can inspire and be inspired by. I need intellectual stimulation from someone new and hopefully provide the same for them. Where is such a person? Probably right in front of me, I don't know (metaphorically speaking)

No comments: